Trewern is a residential centre, set in spacious grounds, situated on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park in the Welsh border town of Hay-on-Wye, (internationally famous for its book shops). The Centre is owned by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and is staffed by qualified teachers with specialist knowledge and a wealth of experience teaching outdoor education and field studies. Trewern offers students:
· A residential experience, which encompasses personal and social education.
· A facility which helps to develop life skills with an emphasis on achievement and enjoyed.
· Challenges, the application of which are not easily demonstrated or used in the classroom.
·A learning environment that contrasts with their home area.
The nature of residential outdoor courses is such that students who successfully complete their stay may have covered the following keys skills:
· Working with others
· Improving own learning and performance
· Application of number and problem solving
· Information technology
Trewern can accommodate groups of up to 54 students in shared bedrooms. Facilities include a dining room, lounge, staff room, coin operated laundry facilities, showers, kit rooms, drying room, kitchen, classroom, games room, conference room, dormitories. Please contact the Centre if you require further information:
Trewern Outdoor Education Centre
Tel: 01497 820512
Fax: 01497 820056